Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Ay117: Starting anew in 2012

Welcome to the new class of AstroStats students!

The (rough) course syllabus can be found here:

http://www.astro.caltech.edu/~johnjohn/astrostats/

I'll update this syllabus soon, but all of the key points that I covered in the first class today are there.

The first Class Activity is also available. I will post the activities on the right hand side of this blog throughout the term. We'll work on this activity starting Friday morning, and we'll continue through next week. Whatever we don't finish by the end of class Monday will be homework due Friday, unless otherwise specified.

The reading assignment is Chapters 1 and 2 of Sivia (link to Google Books). Once you finish Chapter 2, keep going. The standing reading assignment is all of Part I, to be completed before week 3 of class. Once you read Part I, read it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment